Junior Jeremy Wagner (Oklahoma City, Okla.) returns for his third season with the men’s basketball team.

Last season, the men’s basketball team placed second in the conference with a 19-6 overall record, an improvement from the previous season’s record of 18-9.

With their season opener against New England College just two weeks away, the Lions are preparing to make this season yet again another improvement.

Junior point guard Jaylen Owens (Johns Creek, Ga.) will begin the season with momentum from his previous seasons. In his freshman season, Owens was recognized as the conference’s rookie of the year. He maintained his ‘All-Conference’ standing, making the conference’s first team in his sophomore season.

“I’m carrying a lot of confidence [from last season],” Owens said.

Losing only two seniors from last season, the Lions have added 10 new faces to their 2014-15 roster.

Owens commented that the new additions will bring much to the team.

“This year I feel like we will be playing at an even faster pace than we did last season. We will probably score more points and there should be more dunks, so the games will be even more enjoyable to watch,” Owens commented.

Junior forward Eric Lynch (Alpharetta, Ga.) commented that the influx of new players will help the team just by making the team larger.

“The transfers add a new level of athleticism to our team that we haven’t had,” Owens added.

“The possibility of winning a championship is what excites me the most about this season,” Lynch said.

At the beginning of last year’s season, Head Coach Jim Aller said, “I do believe that success breeds success.” That certainly applies to this season.

“I know that we can beat any team in the conference. We’re all confident in each other and I believe that we’re the team to beat this season,” Owens concluded.

The Lions will play their first home game against Wheelock College on Nov. 18.