A friend of mine once said, “If I wasn’t a Christian, I wouldn’t have a life.”

Hearing this, I realized that Jesus calls us for more than just an hour at church. Christianity is a commitment in a chapel on Sunday, but moreover, it is a commitment that hands over the control of your entire life to God. We are told that God has a plan for all of us and we are privileged and required to follow His plan. I often find myself repeating these words of devotion to remind myself that trusting in God is my life which leads me to the question; why is trusting God so intimidating?

Let us turn to the Bible for help. Proverbs 16:9 says, “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”

A Christian’s heart belongs to God, and so should His will. Why is it that we fight the plan that God has for us time and time again? I think it is due to the fact that our flesh wants to control our life and our spirit; we constantly want to take matters into our own hands. What we must consider is that God is simply too amazing and powerful for us to ever understand Him. Our lack of understanding leads us to try and monitor our lives instead of letting go of the reigns. Christians need to be in a relationship with God that is so powerful that their desire to control their life and understand His decisions loses the fight with their spiritual desire to follow God.

Revelations 1: 8 states, “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

We should all understand that God never leaves. Whether in work, class, or worshiping at church, there is one simple fact: God never leaves us. Whenever you need guidance, or question his plan, God is sitting next to you just waiting for you to ask for help or just to hangout.

Ponder this statement, “How can you fail to trust a God that designed you before mankind was made? Who arranged all the cells in your eyes to the amount of hairs you have on your head!”

Next time you feel as if you are unable to give God control, remember 1 Corinthians 10: 13: “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

God does not promise that His plan will be a smooth ride, but He will never give you that which you can’t handle; He is there to comfort and guide you. When your world calls into question your faith, by with control of your future, your career, or temptation to sin, allow the light of Christ to shine and allow Him to grow in you.