File photoWith chapel being offered three times per week, students will be expected to attend 10 more chapels per semester starting in the fall.

File photo
With chapel being offered three times per week, students will be expected to attend 10 more chapels per semester starting in the fall.

The President’s Cabinet has decided that chapel services will be offered three times a week beginning in the fall of 2014. Along with the increase in chapel opportunities, students will also be expected to attend ten more chapels throughout the year.

In the past, students have proposed the idea of holding chapel services three times a week, but the thought was never seriously considered until this year. Chaplain Corey MacPherson played a large role in advocating the change, though he originally wanted chapel services increased to five days a week.

“While I am disappointed that my proposal to have chapel five days a week was voted down, I am happy to hear that we will now have chapel three days a week,” MacPherson said.

This change in schedule means that the Monday chapel break will no longer be available. This decision will greatly affect certain groups on campus that regularly meet during chapel break, including A Cappella Choir.

“As a member of the A Cappella Choir, I know I need all the practice I can get,” sophomore Jessica Albee said.

Not all students support the idea of having their chapel break taken away, but other students are excited for the opportunity to attend chapel services more often.

“I love chapel. It’s my favorite, so I’m super pumped,” junior Lauren Dempster said.