All CCC

(L-R) Jules Speno, Lauren Kett, Hannah Scahill, and Katherine Lawrence. Photo credit: ENC Athletics site.

The 2014 women’s soccer team landed four members on this year’s Commonwealth Coast Conference All-Conference Teams, a huge accomplishment for the Lions this season.

Two seniors, Jules Speno (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) and Lauren Kett (Norwich, England), were named first team all-conference, and sophomore Hannah Scahill (Quaker Hill, Conn.) was named second team all-conference.  Fellow sophomore Katherine Lawrence (Marlborough, Conn.) was given honorable mention recognition.

The Lions had a great season finishing 9-9-2 with a 6-3 conference record, landing the 3rd seed in the playoffs.  They made it to the semifinals where they were edged out of the competition by Wentworth, ending the game with a penalty kick tie-breaker and a score of 5-4.

Speno received her third career CCC accolade, and second first team honor.

“It meant a lot to earn first team all-conference, especially my senior year.  I knew it was my last chance to give my all for my teammates who have worked so hard, and hopefully I gave them something to strive for in the future,” Speno said.

Kett received her first nomination for first team all-conference.

“Making the All-CCC first team was very surprising to me, being a defensive player you don’t get a lot of recognition, but I am thankful for everything and everyone who help me this year.  It was a great achievement to end my college career,” Kett commented.

“I improved as a player by dedicating myself to coming into preseason in shape and injury free.  I feel I had the right mentality to be ready to play and wanted to be a role model for the underclassmen,” she continued.

Scahill led the team this year with seven goals, and was excited to be named to second team all-conference.

“This year our team made history, I hope that in the future we can expand on these successes.  This recognition is going to motivate me to work even harder, so that we can continue to make history as a team,” Scahill said.

Lawrence was named All-CCC honorable mention for the second consecutive year, scoring 3 goals this season, which were all game winning goals.

“It was an honor to be recognized for all my hard work and I think that it will motivate me to work even harder to get better for next year,” Lawrence said.

The Lions look to expand on the success that they saw this year, continue to work hard to get better for next season and compete for a conference championship.