Reach Out is a student-led ministry held every Wednesday at 9 p.m. in Shrader Lecture Hall. Led by junior Hannah Dawber and senior Andrew Litttauer, the ministry focuses on allowing students to make time for God.

In the past year, Reach Out began to attract more students. Their average attendance now ranges from 10 to 35 people. Dawber said that more people have been willing to share and talk about what is going on in their lives.

When asked about his original inspiration for beginning the ministry, Littauer said, “God was pushing me to step out of my comfort zone and lead a ministry on campus.”

Dawber has enjoyed her years running Reach Out, but she admits that it requires a lot of work.

“It’s a blessing, but overwhelming. We’re never sure how many people to plan for,” she said.

Littauer agreed that running the ministry can present challenges, but those challenges have allowed for some personal transformations in his life.

“Following Jesus was never meant to be free of challenges and obstacles, but meant for life that sustains the soul,” Littauer said.

In the past, the service focused on worship and student testimonies. This semester, though, Littuauer and Dawber have felt the need to incorporate more prayer time and have been switching between the two focuses each week.

Junior Lauren Dempster has shared her own testimony numerous times at Reach Out.

“I never plan what to say, and don’t remember what I say afterwards, but that’s how I know it’s God speaking through me,” Dempster said.

Freshman Shelby Hedlund regularly attends the Reach Out service.

“It’s like one giant family…..I feel safe to be who I am, and to worship and pray in any way that I want,” Hedlund said. “They really encourage you to just get real with God.”

“It’s God’s ministry,” Dawber emphasized.