Eastern Nazarene College hosted a job fair for students on Thursday, February 28 in the Mann Student Center Lobby from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
This two hour period gave students time to gather important info and free knickknacks from a variety of different companies. Many of the recruiters were in search of full-time, part-time, and internship positions.
There can be a sense of anxiety when speaking with representatives of real companies, but Krista Bogertman, assistant director of Career Services, reassures students by saying “they [the employers] already know they like ENC students.”
There was an even split between returning companies and new companies scheduled at the job fair. Since there is a pre-established relationship with some of the companies, approaching them may be easier for interested students.
Listed below are the companies that were at the fair.
- Aspire Health Alliance – mental health workers/counselors, teacher assistant
- Bay State Community Services – mental health/substance abuse residential counselors/clinicians
- Horizons for Homeless Children – early education
- Kaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc. – human services positions, internships
- Lamour Clinic – case managers, counselors/clinicians, PCA, PT assistant/aide, teacher aid
- New England ABA – behavior technician (part-time)
- Navy Recruiting District England, Medical Officer Recruiter- full scholarships for medical/dental school
- NURTURY – early education programs
- Promise Open Doors – teaching in China for 10-11 months
- Quincy Community Action Programs / Head Start – early education/internships
- Wicked Cool for Kids – after school/summer enrichment instructors
If you were unable to attend the job fair but would like more information about these companies, schedule an appointment with Krista Bogertman in the Brickley Center.